I am a traveller , recipe developer and an avid cook . I run my facebook cooking group called sikandalous Cuisine and also organise India's biggest Oriental food festival called Asian Hawkers Market .#asianhawkersmarket
Bigtime into nature and animals - and yes there is a fun side too waiting to be discovered !
Do follow me on instagram https://www.instagram.com/atul_sikand/
Sunday, 11 June 2017
Achari Meat #sikandalouscuisine
Recipe Credits Sanjeev Kapoor. - I made it with a bit of a gravy and it tasted awesome with rice - Make it a day in advance if possible - flavors develop beautifully and it was finger licking delicious - increase chili / sour to taste . Addition of dhania at the end does magice here.
800 Grams Mutton.
4 Onions - Chopped.
4 Tomatoes - Chopped.
2 Tablespoons Minced Ginger.
2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic.
1 Teaspoon Haldi.
1 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder.
1/2 Cup Chopped Dhania Greens - I used mainly stems.
Some Fried Potatoes - Not in recipe.
Juice of 1 Lemon.
Dry Roast & Powder :
8 Dried Red Chilies.
1 Teaspoon Rai.
1/2 Teaspoon Methe Seeds.
1/2 Teaspoon Jeera.
1 Teaspoon Sauf.
1 Teaspoon Kilonji.
1 Heat oil , add onion and fry till golden then tip in ginger and garlic and saute for a minute , then add in Dry Roasted Powders mix well.
2. Add mutton , increase the heat to max and sear nicely for 15 minutes.
3. At this stage add haldi , salt and red chili powder and bhuno more till you see oil.
4. Add about 2 cups hot water and cook mutton covered till 75% done.
5. Add tomatoes and cook till mutton is nicely cooked.
6. Add lemon juice , adjust flavors and finally add the dhania greens.